7.11.2009

Growing up.




Last night Miss Cass and I went to see No Doubt and Paramore at Verizon Wireless Music Center (a.k.a. Deer Creek, duh!). What an experience, to say the least. I've been a fan of ND for many many years. In high school, my friends and I followed ND and BUSH for a couple of weeks, and eventually ended up meeting the 4 members of BUSH and Gwen Stefani. Currently, I am not the world's biggest ND fan, however...they still kick ass AND it was fifteen bucks for some (what I thought would be) good ol' Friday night fun. So what the hell, right? NO.

Irritation central comes to mind when I think of this concert, and not because of either of the bands. We had tickets for the lawn (of course) so we scoped out a place to sit and planted ourselves on the ground. Not long after that, a group of 7 or 8 incredibly intoxicated women (all aged 35-45 years old) came crashing into our world. I say "crashing" because literally....they did. Everywhere they stepped, they were swaying, spilling beer, dry humping each other, dancing violently, and basically acting like 19 year old sorostitues. SERIOUSLY. At one point, we look over and one of these women has apparently made up her own dance: we called it "the penetrator". Feel free to let your imagination fill in the blanks.

We try to watch the show and not pay attention to these fools, but as their beer consumption increased, our patience decreased. Not ALL of them were acting like assholes, just a couple at this point. After a number of several beer spilling/cigarette burning incidents from "the penetrator creator" I look over and suddenly feel a bit like Eminem at this year's MTV Music Awards...which if you weren't lucky enough to see, here ya go.






Involuntarily having another human's junk in your face is not a pleasant experience. Trust me.








Clearly the woman wasn't suspended from the ceiling, however her ass was RIGHT IN MY FUCKING FACE. I couldn't hold back any longer and shouted at the woman.

"REALLY!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?! YOU HAVE TO DANCE WITH YOUR ASS IN MY FACE?!?!?"

Needless to say she moved. Her co-drunken friend came over, apologized to me, mumbled something about the number of kids she has and the years it's been since she's been out of the house. Are ya kiddin' me???? Cause I could give two shits less about how many kids you have (other than the fact that they will probably grow up to be wastes of flesh like yourself, drinking madly and annoying the entire human race). Unfortunate.

As you can imagine, their persistence for apology attempts only annoyed us worse with each word. Finally, I'd had it.

"Just get away from us. Keep your friend away from us. Go away, please."

They backed off but kept yammering on about this and that. Eventually, they found some real-life 19 year-olds to console them. Whatever. Just get away from me. We stayed for about half of ND's set, but ended up leaving the show early to A. beat the crowd and B. go get some tasty morsels.

That's really the biggest annoyance about the concert, but I do have one more. Why the hell do people find it necessary to dress in the most hideous clothing known to man? Many of my fellow concert goers were dressed similar to Cindy Lauper, circa 1982.


Plastic bracelets. Crazy hair colors. Skinny jeans. Aviator glasses. Chains. Mohawks. Shirts that are waaay too tight. All ANNOYING. Pre-pubescent teen annoying. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about self-expression (even though this blogs seems otherwise). Maybe 24,000 people expressing their weirdness is just too much for me. I dunno. It just seems like the majority of these people were trying to be different, but in that, were being just like everyone else.


This leads to me to the title of this blog. Growing up. Maybe that's what has happened to me over the past few years. I mean, inevitably of course it has. But now I'm THAT person who is annoyed with teenagers. I remember being a teenager and thinking "man, I'll always be cool with everyone." So. Not. True.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha...you said JUNK!! I totally feel ya, on all of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen’s abs looked amazing! Can’t believe she has two kids!

    And those low-rising pants… I wonder if she went commando that night, hehehe

    ReplyDelete