7.06.2009

Randomness.

My love left (again) for Africa last Thursday. This time around she is on a medical mission with The Mercy Foundation, somewhere in Nigeria. I know she is doing absolutely wonderful things but it leads me to be a bit selfish and just wanting her here with me all the time. Therefore, I'm left feeling a bit like the following picture.


*Note: This picture isn't even close to being current, but I'm too lazy to snap a photo of my ridiculously sad face.

Anyhow, so I have *LOTS* of time on my hands. I was off this weekend and decided that instead of sitting around being a big bag of tears, I would do something productive. YAY ME! For a month or so I have been thinking about painting different rooms in Lindsay's house. The current paint scheme is fine and dandy, but I will be moving in when my lease is up in November, so I want the house to be OUR house. What better way to do that than by expressing both of our personalities with color/texture/decore?!?!? Plus, I LOOOOOVE to paint. So I started with the bathroom and here are a couple of pictures of the end product (and one of me being silly).

I originally sent this to my friend Sarah. She had invited me to a 4th of July cookout/party with her and the hubby. I wanted to really emphasize what the hell I was doing. Mission accomplished.


Also, I am going to install a new faucet. It's gonna be a kick ass silver and look something similar to this.


The color of the walls is one of my favorite colors. Any shade of blue is great really. The black and silver are very Lindsay. How frickin' cool is this?



I started feelin' pretty courageous about the whole design process and went crazy on the blinds with some silver paint. Turned out pretty good, in my opinion. I won't post all of the pictures, I'm sure you get the point by now. It's a completely different look from where I started. I'm considering painting silver stars on the walls, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. It just looks REALLY good as is, so I don't wanna go effin' that up. The only thing I need to do now is find a kick ass shower curtain.

All together I ended up spending about 16 hours on my little weekend project. Time went by so fast. When it was all said and done, I cleaned up and then came back to my house. Ben and I were in the mood for a feast, so this is what we managed to scrounge up.
It was one of the most enjoyable meals of my life, because A. I cooked it B. the previous day I had pizza...and only pizza C. I was starving to death. It's nice to reflect on my unwanted time alone and know that I enjoyed at least part of it. Only 2 weeks to go!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh yes you should do little silver stars!! Love this paint job, I am crazy about blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sad face is pitiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sad face makes me sad:( I want you to live in Nashville so then we can spend lonely sad days together!

    ReplyDelete