8.21.2009

Portland: Day 2

Day two in Portland was excellent. We did SO much: I finally got to try a maple bacon bar at VooDoo Doughnut, got to watch some interesting performances at an Indian Festival in Pioneer Square, then headed off to the Oregon Zoo and Washington Park where we saw the Portland Rose Gardens. After all of that, we were A. starving and B. hot and sweaty so we went back to the hotel, got all fancied up, and went on an hour long search for some decent food. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Me acting silly with a little seal.

My love and I on the train...on our way to get VD.

Someone (I'm not gonna say who) was totally excited to be riding the train.

Love, love, love the Oregon Lottery logo.

The line for VooDoo Doughnuts. Apparently everyone else in PDX wanted some too.

A little background story...I LOVE to back in to parking spaces, my garage, etc. Lindsay absolutely CANNOT STAND it when I (or anyone else for that matter) backs into anywhere. All along the street next to VD, you can ONLY back in, so I of course was in heaven. Lindsay was just annoyed. Haha.

The official VD sign.

Zipper shoes. COOL.


Me...before I entered VD.

That's right, folks! The magic IS in the hole!

Crazy decor at VD.

A bumper sticker, available for purchase.

What was it you wanted to order???

I'll have the maple bacon bar, thank you. Quite worth the wait and the $1.50. Actually, this is the best doughnut in the whole world.

YUM. YUM. YUM.

The Indian Festival. Lots of people. Lots of Bollywood. Lots of dancing and singing, and of course eating.

My love and her first ever Samosa. YUM again!

Trying out my braille skills in Portland.

Time for a little relaxing and to decide what to do next.

Time to go to the ZOO!!!

A bear poo-how-to.

Me being little at the zoo.

Eagles at the zoo.

Lindsay and a chum. I think they may be closely related.???? heheheh

A cute little otter.

In love at the zoo. :)

Pygora goats. He wanted to bite someone, I think.

Lindsay reliving some childhood memories.

A big ol' hippo just hangin' out in the sun.
Zebras.

Sammy's cousin, Mr. Wolf.

Giraffe!!!

A curious little meerkat.

Monkeys, of some sort.



"Sick ass" bats. -L.B.
In love on the train to Washington Park.

Did someone say "TRAAAAAAAAIN????"

The official stamp to get back on said train from Washington Park.

Rose Gardens. These smelled REALLY GOOD.

An exotic chocolate-covered-banana-eating monkey.

Pretty roses. Really pretty roses, everywhere.

My gorgy in the roses.

Oregon trees are the best.

Oh...the exotic monkey found her mate! (Those were REALLY tasty!!)

So. Pretty.

My love being silly, as always.

We are so cool, we get to hang out with bears.

The train was coming....WIND TUNNEL!!!

Finally! Geesh!

Where was it you wanted to go???

Trainwreck of a hair-do. How could I resist chasing this guy down to snap a quick photo of this beauty??

Downtown Portland.

Betcha' didn't know my lover is a marathon runner, did ya???

Fancy shmancy at dinner. Some pretty good Greek cuisine. YUMMO.

My best-girl at dinner.

After dinner and drinks, we stumbled back to the hotel and tried out the self-timer on our new fancy camera. It works. :) Overall, day 2 in Portland was AWESOME. We had a blast being in love all over the city.

3 comments:

  1. Love it babe! Good recap! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Makes me want to live in Portland. I did however, notice that beneath your Indian festival photo you labeled it INDIANA festival....was your sub conscience missing Indiana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amber! I was definitely NOT missing Indiana! My little fingers just type Indiana all the damn time, so I'm sure they added the extra A. :)

    ReplyDelete