8.11.2009

Strange alarms....

I came home last night, took a shower, and laid down to wait on Lindsay to get done with her work. She came to bed about 20 mins later and had apparently decided I was making cookies tomorrow (today). No subtle hints about it, just a "how bout you make me some oatmeal cookies tomorrow because you love me so much???" I think about for about 1 second and am like "no." When all I really was thinking was do we have all the necessary ingredients to make them and how long will this take before work? Of course I didn't let her know any of that. She kept on with insisting I MAKE HER some cookies...and I stand strong to my no way answer. HAHAHA.

So, the first thing she says this morning is "are you going to make me an egg mountain sandwich?" Ok. Ok. Fine. I make us egg mountain sandwiches (2 pieces of bread with 3 eggs and one piece of cheese piled in between the bread) and then she starts with the cookie dreams again. I am diligent in my refusing to give in to her pressure (or at least she thinks). She even breaks out the old classic "if you loved me" line. PUH-LEASE.

Lindsay finished getting ready for work and I sat on the couch, secretly looking for oatmeal cookie recipes. She gets ready to leave and I remember my phone is still in the bedroom, so I kindly ask her to bring it to me. "UHHHHH!!!! I have to do everything!!!" is what I get from her, but she does it anyhow. She hands me my phone....and strangely enough...there is an alarm set on it. An alarm I didn't set. It slips my mind as I go on to do other things (move my car, take the dogs out). I come back inside...and sit down on the couch. RING RING! RING RING!!! OH!!! My alarm is going off! I pick my phone up...and what does it say???

make your girlfriend cookies 10:30am

What a sneak!!!! Geesh!

Anyhow...here is the recipe I found online. I somehow managed to scrounge up everything to make these, minus the vanilla which I substituted with honey. Oh...and I didn't use walnuts. i instead added a handful of golden raisins and a handful of craisins. Worked out great! They are tasty!



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup walnuts

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and nuts until just blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on a wire rack.


Or you can check out the link

4 comments:

  1. Babe! I just knew you would make them for me because YOU DO LOVE ME SO MUCH!!!

    And come on...you know the alarm was so cute :)

    Love you lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to my world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! You shush Mumsie! Just be glad Ange takes care of me now and not you. Well, it's her full time job now, and you're only on part time duty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a pretty clever gf, setting your alarm!! I'll have to try that one! Thanks linds ;D

    ReplyDelete