1.12.2011

A note on returning the favor



Dear Spanish Professor,

I know it's only been two days since we started this new class, but I wanted to share a little something with you. Now, keep in mind this may not be true for all of your students, however it is very true for me. I really just have one question for you...so here goes.

Why do you think it's acceptable to ask me to fill out a ridiculous form at the beginning of the semester telling you random tidbits about myself (i.e. my job, how many years I've taken Spanish, what I plan to do with my life, etc) and then not do the same in return???

I find you very interesting. You ran for U.S. Senate and have already talked in depth about your world travels (including Africa, Europe, and Latin America), yet when I asked you what you do you simply replied "soy un professor" (I am a professor).

I find it a little ridiculous that you get to know about me, but I don't get to know about you. Yea, yea...I know what you're thinking "I'm the professor and can do what I want." I don't disagree with that. I just think it's only fair to return the favor to your students and let them know a little bit about yourself.

Keep in mind that if you didn't require me to fill out your questionnaire, you certainly would not be reading this right now.

Whatever, I'll just google you, Mr. I-Ran-For-US-Senate-Man.


Signed,

Su estudiante

No comments:

Post a Comment