8.28.2011

Cacti

One of the downsides of moving to California is that I had to get rid of ALL of my houseplants. Total bummer, because I had quite a few of them. However, all that no plant having crap came to an end this week. I found a great seller to buy plants from at the Thursday Night Market in Chico. This week I came home with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR cacti!!! I don't know why in the hell I picked them, I've never been able to care for them properly. If you've never tried to care for a cactus, it's pretty tough. Don't judge or be all hateful until you try it. They're really delicate and are super picky about their pH.

Today, we went down to Chico to do some shopping and I was determined to find new pots for my new prickly friends. It took us going to S E V E N, that's right SEVEN different stores to find pots that were awesome enough for me. Whew, glad that's over! I brought the new pots home and here are the final results...

A view from the top, never to be seen again...since they now live in a giant bay window that's about SEVEN feet taller than I am.

I bought a few different varieties, for color and wishful thinking.

Yay for having plants again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment