5.19.2009

Random as hell...

It's been a busy day, I'll admit. I've been doing a lot of cleaning, laundry, and basically just running around. Lindsay left yesterday until June 9th; she's in Senegal and The Gambia, so I am basically trying to keep it off my mind that she isn't here. WOMP WOMP BOO HOO.

Anyhow, so I am on my way back home from running some things to the post office. I'm cruising down Tenth Street just east of Rural when something strange catches my eye; a black man standing on the sidewalk with a HORSE next to him. Not something you normally see in this part of the city, but okay. Apparently others were entertained by this as well because he had quite a few people surrounding him. I don't know what that mess was about, but I do know that I looked around for a trailer, say....maybe where a horse would be kept for transport...and no sign of one. ANYWHERE. Not on the side streets. Not on the street I was on. My guess is this guy is a superhero of some sort. What a badass.

I continue on my way home and just keep thinking how weird that was. I come to a stop sign about two blocks away from my house and notice a pedestrian walking across. It's a given that I wait for this person to cross the street, however this wasn't just any person, folks. This was a prostitute. She makes it about half way to the sidewalk (directly in front of my car) and then looks over at me, raises her brow, winks, and is probably thinking she has found her next client. Ummmm....hello!!!!! NO!!!!!! I just waited for her to FINALLY make it back onto the sidewalk, and proceeded with caution. WEIRD.

Not only weird, but holy shit that raised a few questions in my mind. The first: do I resemble a male THAT much? I mean, I know I can be a little boyish, but c'mon. I'm totally a woman. Maybe she has eye problems, maybe it was difficult to see me. UHHH. The second question I have is this: maybe she saw a woman and was still interested in doing "business". Do prostitutes engage in homosexual behavior??? Especially females??? It isn't SO unbelievable that I don't think it doesn't ever happen, but I guess it's just a shock when you are subjected to it first hand.

What a weird 5 minutes. Maybe the guy with the horse and the prositute were just manifestations of my mind. I dunno. Whatever the case...it's still strange as hell. I think the rest of the night will be spent in the comfort and safety of my home. I got a new movie today and I'm reading a really good book. That should keep me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment